Thursday 11 June 2009

Real Madrid - £80 million - Cristiano Ronaldo


I have just found the latest information on Ronaldo's transfer to Spain and I am really shocked. Real Madrid is ready to pay £80 million just to have the magical footballer in the team. How shocking!

Look around, we live in the time when the threat of global environmental disaster, poverty, suffering, and illnesses is so real but yet we still spend £80 million on one footballer. Isn't it shameful? £80 million could save so many vulnerable lives, contribute to enhancement in scientific research, or build houses and schools for people living on the edge in a number of countries worldwide.

This is my tweet from this morning:

I cannot believe that Real Madrid is up to splash £80 mill on Ronaldo! There is poverty, hunger, illnesses, suffering...am really disgusted.

And some reactions:

JGbraineruption@Kat4PR thats soccer. Remember how much LA splashed on Beckham. BILLIONS.

mennojansen@Kat4PR I totally agree, especially during these times we live in now. Although I like soccer, this is absurd.

This only shows that we live in a society that knows about the problems but doesn't do enough or anything at all to change it. And what more, successfully cover things up. Since when we waste so much money on sport? I like football but there is a line between being fair and being unreasonable. If Manchester United accept the money and spend them on some goodbye party for Ronaldo, I will have to stop supporting them because I won't have the respect for them anymore.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...