Friday 21 August 2009

Waw, WHAT A WEEK!

I have been busy since 9 am on Monday. Pitching, Following up on emails, making shipment request, creating social media presence for Hai Media Group as well as for our big American client, updating my database, sending out facebook messages, etc etc etc.

Ha! Now that it’s Friday I can say I did it all plus more.
Lisa Devaney has been keeping me pretty busy! But hey, I am not complaining. I am quite enjoying creating ‘relationship’ with bloggers. I already noticed that my pitch perhaps goes straight into the spam box so if I follow up on this, most of them are very kind and excited about getting free samples and writing a review on them. I would be for sure. Give me a great product and I will give you a fantastic review! I am really looking forward to reading these reviews. I was also promised to see a short video...can’t wait! I am sure it will be great!

I have actually managed to get my first ever cutting!!! How great is that? And there will be more, just it’s taking more time. Now I am looking for the best place to create my online portfolio. Maybe wordpress? That would be quite appropriate for a
PR wannabe girl. Or is there something better out there? Not sure, will do some research.

Working on building the relationships with my bloggers reminded me of how important it is to see them as normal and nice people and not just as a tool to get the message across. Public Relations are really interesting and as I am getting into in more and more I always discover something new. You need to communicate and relax, don’t push anyone into doing things for you but don’t ignore and don’t be lazy to reach out. Online Public Relation or so called PR 2.0 deals with relationships on a different level – that practically means - via emails. Yes, one of the main differences from the traditional PR is that you spend more time indoors, with your laptop or blackberry and you work unbelievably long hours for clients around the globe.

The last fact makes you spend long hours on compiling huge research into the media structure of different countries. You may think that everybody speak English but nope. The world is not an English –speaking oasis.

Sadly, my Internship is nearly over, I have only one week left now. Then, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...