Monday 17 August 2009

Working on it!

Oh God! I’ve just pitched to some of the most influential bloggers in the US! Hope that they will get back to me soon. I can’t believe that after weeks that I’d spent on building my database I finally started pitching. And in fact, that my boss trusts me enough to do it all by my self –well, with help of course. Lisa created a pitch for lifestyle and parenting bloggers and other media and I just modified it so it will better suit the needs of my bloggers – garden, DIY and Lawn. Taking into account that I didn’t even know what lawn was in the very beginning, I have moved a long way since then. Yeah, laugh at me, but I really didn’t know that you can call the bit of grass in your garden that you cut every other Sunday A LAWN.




The pitch was, of course, checked by Lisa. She made some changes in the beginning. I suppose that she understand the lawn culture & US passion for soccer and football much better that I do. Well, there is no doubt about it. She comes from NY, the best place in the world to live in. (that’s just my opinion)





Unfortunately, some blogger they just don’t want to be reached by PR or don’t want people to know their email so in some cases, I had to fill up an online contact page asking for the provision of their email. This required me to come up with a friendly message rather than send the pitch. It feels like you have no control of whether they will receive it, read it and respond to it. Ohh, frustrating.


At one point I was so thankful that my lecturer for Communication and Technology at London Met, Gareth Thomson, made me start using Twitter. I used it to DM my blogger asking for the email and luckily she DM me back with the much needed detail. How great is that? Nowadays, you don’t need to call anywhere, you go online, send a few emails, post a new tweet, update your blog and facebook page and there you go. You can have a ‘conversation’ with anyone in the world. I wonder what the world will be like in 10 years from now. The technology innovation is so fast.

I have sent out most of my pitches by Friday and now I am getting ready for the follow up as some may think that I was a spammer. Hello, it’s PR people! Don’t be scared :D :D You can actually get something good for free and help yourself to make your blog more popular so get back to me! :)

After a whole week in-house I was so happy to leave my office on Friday and go to the Tuttle Club. I don’t know why but I always manage to be there first or second (that was just ones that Lloyd, the person behind this fantastic club, made it there before me). Me and Lisa we always work, we take our laptops and work beside each other. It’s fun and it also shows the huge commitment that we have. This Friday she introduced me to this very important lady in PR – @Barb_G You can say that she knows what she is talking about in PR. I would love to have her confidence and self esteem. Well, working on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...