Friday 20 November 2009

Rising Star under Pressure.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been busy searching for a PR Grad Schemes. I must say that it is not that easy. Some of the big and most desirable companies are already in the stage of closing applications.

Eh? I personally don’t get it.

Why WPP had a deadline on 17th November 2009 when the Grad schemes start in September 2010? OK, they need to select the best candidates for the interviews that will take place in January (BTW, don’t forget about me!) It must be a tough job to be in charge of the selection process. The pressure must be huge! At least I hope that it is, there is lots of pressure on our side too. Being in top 100 (out of nearly 2000 application) is just beyond belief. But I still have my hope.

This whole process of applying for Grad Schemes whilst still at Uni has lots of cons. I am under so much pressure to succeed. I feel like I have to show everyone that I am capable of getting into a good Scheme, finishing University with Honours, have shiny personal life and be always at hand to advice or counsel others.

I am no superwoman!

I also need to get the counsel and feel that you trust me and appreciate everything I do. Since I am a person who would do anything just to be there for my friends and family, I spend a lot of time putting them first. I need to become more assertive otherwise anyone will get to me and will hurt me. Or perhaps just think a bit more about my needs.

In the light of the recent changes (or rather attempt to change things) I took one day off and went to the town centre to have a look around shops and so on. It was quite nice to do something by myself, with no one I knew around. It did get a bit lonely in the end though. The first person who actually spoke to me yesterday was this random 40-something guy at the bus stop. He asked me what country I was from. When I told him he said “Oh, I thought so, you Czechs are nice people” Hmmmm. What did he mean with that? I usually get some stupid comments or invitations to do whatever...I always ignore these things. But this guy put a smile on my face for some reason. Perhaps I needed to hear something nice.


Today is Friday and I have many things on my agenda for today and the weekend so I should better start with number 1. There is an assignment on “Ownership of the Czech Media” due next Wednesday. All I know is that some 90% of Czech media are owned by foreigner companies. I still haven’t found a link to Rupert Murdoch but I feel I am getting close.


 Photograph: Saul Loeb/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...