Thursday 8 October 2009

Back to Uni - This Time as a SENIOR!

After nearly a four-month break I returned to London Metropolitan University to finish my studies of Public Relations & Events Management. As a senior I have obvious advantages. I know the location of most of the lecture and seminar rooms, I know that if I need something from the undergraduate centre I should better email or call than queue for hours in hot and steamy corridors of the Stapleton House, and so on. It is fun to watch the freshers who are constantly getting lost with their timetable and a map in their hands. Oh gosh, how long has it been since I was a fresher? Feels like ages ago.

I had to make some changes to my timetable at first. I swapped year long Dissertation module with Project module (spring semester). Over the summer I have realised that I am much more interested in Public Relations that in Events Management so my choice was clear and easy: Public Relations Dissertation/Project. I am already thinking about the topic and I think I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to devote my individual work to.

My timetable for the autumn semester is as the following
1.
Venue Management for Events
2. Public Relations Strategy
3. Current Issues in Events Management
4. Globalisation and the Mass Media

I am lovin’ my modules. I’ve been to all of them already and I think I will have so much fun this semester. All of the assignments are so interesting and I already know that I will learn a lot.
Venue Management for Events will see me attending an event – Elton John’s concert in Wembley Arena as a volunteer and observing the venue services and facilities – this is so exciting! The lecturer is the ever so fabulous Nicole Ferdinand.

My lecturer for
Public Relations Strategy is already well known to me from the previous semester: Gareth Thompson. He taught the Technology & PR module. We will have to work in groups to create a BRIEF presentation as a client to an agency and then individually come up with the appropriate PR strategy based on the brief. I can’t wait to crack on this one.

Current Issues in Events Management are taught by a new young lady who is so fabulous. She certainly knows what she is talking about. The assessment of this module is a report and then an exam. I think that once I do all the readings I should be just fine. It is all about the common sense.

The lady lecturer for
Globalisation and the Mass Media is so passionate about her module. She has completely captivated my attention. We will attend the London Film Festival in Week 3 as a part of this module, which is just so fantastic! We are going to see a new British film ‘The Scouting Book for Boys’ at the VUE cinema in Leicester Square.


As I said before, this semester is filled with excitement and a strong will to discover and learn new things. It is something I never experienced before, I used to be scared of doing things like presentations or group work. But now I look forward to everything what this semester brings along! Fingers cross that my attitude will stay this positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...